Saturday, October 6, 2007

EverHarvest Test Run

Couple updates on EverHarvest progress. First, I've gotten all of Faldo's data integrated into Autocrat in the EQ2 Core Interface system. This data specifically includes instructions for my Memory Reader that tell it where and how to find the data we use in the Harvest Bot - particularly the details about your character (position, heading) and the things around you (nodes, mobs, players). Using this data I wrote a class that returns all this data.

Also, I was able to set up a system for moving the character around the zone. I've done this before - creating a pathing bot. Initially it looks rather choppy, almost bot-like (which would obviously be a deal-breaker) - but when viewed from another EQ2 client running on another computer, it looks perfectly normal - as if it really were a player running around - which is exactly what we wanted! smile_teeth

My first test run also confirms that my simple State Machine design works. A State Machine is a design pattern that allows you to design and program a system by way of the states it can be in. For example, our Harvest Bot has 5 states - Inactive, WalkingToWaypoint, WalkingToNode, Harvesting, and Final. Each state has its own code to run that performs the function of that state, and when it's done (for one reason or another) it switches (or transits) to the next state. The Harvest Bot state machine is the first I've ever written, and I'm happy to say that it's a success! smile_teeth

So - I NEED BETA TESTERS! Get over to the forums and sign up!

No comments: